Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hebrew: סֶלָה‎, also transliterated as selāh.

Hello! Welcome to my last official blog. (hah) If you know me, I own possibly 10 different blogs. But today (march 5, 2014), I decided to make ONE blog that stuffs all things personal. No more reblogs or abandonments. THIS will be a blog written for my friends and family who want to know what goes on in my ordinary (wishing for extraordinary) life. SO welcome to my thoughts, my passions, and my wishful thinking.

& just for pure entertainment, here are my other blogs/websites. I have abandoned most, but you can still get a small glimpse of what this blog may offer. Enjoy.

1. baboxnancy.tumblr.com
This is probably my most updated blog. After reading one of my church Unni's blogs in 2008, I left Xanga (which doesn't exist anymore), and began tumblring. It contains many reblogs, and thoughts, quotes, pictures, and my walk with God. Probably one of my favorite blogs to look back on because it contains a little bit of everything.

2. nancyslifeabroad.tumblr.com
I started this blog the year I studied abroad in Italy & continued when I moved back for 3 months. This blog contains bits and pieces of my thoughts while I was in Europe.

3. nenshe.wordpress.com
I actually began this blog last year... Hoping that my hobby for photography will exponentially grow, but it has been untouched for quite a while.

4. chiheejin.blogspot.com
Everyone had a blogspot in college. I loved reading about peoples lives and interests. So this blog was mostly created so that I could read other peoples blogs, BUT I ended up writing a few of my own.

5. www.pinterest.com/baboxnancy
I was really bored when I first moved to Italy. Which led to this madness. My pinterest is an organized album of what my wedding dress will look like, the fashion I wish to have, my imaginary house, and a few of my own pictures!

6. chiheejin.wix.com/photo
This is just for pure enjoyment. I wanted a photo blog my junior year, and decided to make this website after I saw a friend of mine post his on Facebook. I probably visit once a year. My editing skills sort of hurt my eyes.

&&& for those wondering what Selah means.

Selah (Hebrewסֶלָה‎, also transliterated as selāh) is a word used 74 times in the Hebrew Bible  – 71 times in the Psalms and three times inHabakkuk  – and is a difficult concept to translate. (It should not be confused with the Hebrew word sela‘ (Hebrewסֶלַע‎) which means "rock.") It is probably either a liturgico-musical mark or an instruction on the reading of the text, something like "stop and listen." Selah can also be used to indicate that there is to be a musical interlude at that point in the Psalm.[1] The Amplified Bible translates selah as "pause, and think of that." It can also be interpreted as a form of underlining in preparation for the next paragraph.

Yes, I copied and pasted it from Wikipedia. I really like the meaning... to which ever one it means. haha.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment