Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April Adventure: Sequoia

This month I wanted to go somewhere in California. A place I have never been to. My original plan was to go up to Sequoia on Friday night and head to either Santa Barbara or Yosemite on sunday. However, we decided to just take a short trip to Sequoia instead because... Well, we didn't want to die at work on Monday. Nonetheless, we had a good time. Not to mention, probably saw the most breathtaking view of my life. 

We left at 11 pm on Friday night (seriously yolod it). Headed to LA to drop off a car, and started our journey towards Sequoia at 1:30am the next day. Total time of driving was probably 5 hours. But much to our dismay, the park was closed so we had to park our car near a campsite. Intended to wake up an hour or two later, but ended up knocking out in the car until 11am. Atleast we got our sleep. haha. (oh, we also really had to pee in the middle of the night, and just popped a squat. lol TMI, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.)

Finally got into the park around 11:30 & drove another 1.5 hours to get to our destination. 
To be honest, I wasn't amazed. I still think redwoods OWNS Sequoia. BUT it was still nice to feel the breeze and be immersed in between trees. However, my friends thoroughly enjoyed the view, so I was happy. We jammed to some Korean hiphop/r&b (which i strangely am obsessed with lately) & some good old worship songs while driving up with our windows wide open. (imagine crisp wind blowing in your face.. ahhh happiness)

My favorite part of the trip was probably....
THE SNOW! I did NOT expect to see snow. & this wasn't no ski slope fake snow kind of stuff, it was fresh soft fluffy snow that I wanted to throw myself against. But decided against it, since I was only in a thin layer. heh. Anyways, I made a little snowman and even threw some snowballs. What a pleasant surprise it was.

The second best thing about this trip was the view. I don't quite remember what the mountain was called, but wow... WOW, was it amazing. When I went up, I didn't necessarily feel small (which usually happens when you're in the middle of a huge national park) but I felt over joyed & SO HAPPY. I felt like I could conquer the world.

I secretly think I belong in the woods somewhere. 
Maybe I was an indian in my past life (hah, kidding)
but seriously, 
I just want to camp out there for a month & make friends with the cute little chipmunks.


    















 





No comments:

Post a Comment